ESH Management System Certification
While the creation and implementation of brilliant industrial technologies flourished in the past century, these technologies created a by-product of excessive petrochemical fuel usage, which has caused severe damage to the environment and induced the greenhouse effect to trigger rapid climate change. GINTECH began R&D and manufacturing of solar cells in 2005 and has devoted itself to promoting the use and popularization of photovoltaic (PV) applications, aiming to do its part in protecting the Earth. Apart from upholding the organizational ESH Policy, Legal Compliance, Popularization of ESH Awareness, Consultation, Participation and Communication, ESH Risk Control and Continuous Performance Improvement), both Plant A (at Hsinchu Science Park) and Guanyin Plant (at Guanyin Industrial Park) passed the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System and OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Assessment System certification concurrently in December 2007 and passed ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001 renewal in December 2010. Plant A at Hsinchu Science Park and Guanyin Plant at Guanyin Industrial Park passed the Taiwan Occupational Safety and Health Management System certification individually in January 2010 and in January 2011, and both of them passed ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and TOSHMS periodic certification at the same time in December 2011. Plant B at the Hsinchu Science Park passed the ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and TOSHMS certification in January 2012. The head office and all factories simultaneously passed the re-validations for the ISO14001, OHSAS18001, and TOSHMS environmental management systems in December 2013. Gintech headquarters and Hsinchu Science Park Factories A and B were ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, and TOSHMS certified in December 2014.
Gintech is committed to create a sustainable environment, and continuously improve its environmental protection and occupational safety & health performance. Taiwan’s Council of Labor Affairs (CLA) has reviewed the company's occupational health and safety management system performance, and has given us a rating of over 90%. Over the last three years, our Frequency-Severity Indicator was also less than 25% of other industry peers. On 5 October 2012, Gintech received the “Occupational Safety and Health Management System Performance Recognition” award from the Executive Yuan Council of Labor Affairs for the next 10 years. This 10-year recognition is the highest honor in the industry and the first among solar industry peers.In addition, Gintech headquarters and Hsinchu Science Park Factories A and B applied for occupational safety and health management system performance validation (2014) from the Ministry of Labor using the 2013 updated application form. By obtaining Ministry of Labor approval, Gintech can fully comply with the Occupational Safety and Health Act. After obtaining validation for the next five years, Gintech became the first manufacturer in the solar power industry to earn performance validation from the Ministry of Labor under the new application form.
Gintech Energy Corporation is committed to promoting the safety and health management measures and health promotion activities, enhancing the company's performance on safety and health management, safety culture and performance on health promotion management, also training physical fitness of colleagues.
To outside, we also actively participate in the activities of government agencies, so that we can get a good two-way communication with government agencies directly, to enhance the corporate image, meanwhile, we actively join in the "Taiwan Photovoltaic Industry Association" and "The Allied Association for Science Park Industries" to help the industry and companies to solve their issues of industrial safety, environmental protection and fire protection laws.
Our performance in implementing the health and safety management and achievements in promoting safety culture, won the honor of 2013 Outstanding Units of Implementing Labor Safety and Health by bureau of Science and Technology; moreover, by the recommendation of Miaoli County Health Department, as well as the site evaluation results by the committees of central healthy workplace promotion center to factories, our achievement in the work of health promotion won the award of 2013 National Outstanding Healthy workplace signed by National Health Department.
Gintech Energy Corporation defers to the requirements of ISO 14064 principles and Greenhouse Gas Protocol and follows PAS 2050:2008 principles. We have passed a third party verification with ISO 14064 principles on 1 June 2011 and also passed a third party verification with PAS 2050:2008 principles on 24 October 2011. To better understand the company’s energy saving performance and meet Taiwan’s carbon reduction goals in future, and independently and continuously conducted GHG inventory operations for four consecutive years. Gintech has implemented a greenhouse gas inventory; the inventory has incorporated the Jhunan Science Park since 2013 and passed the third party verification of ISO 14064-1 GHG inventory.
In order to enhance communication and cooperation with the competent authority and industry partners, Gintech assists government agencies in promoting measures to save energy and reduce carbon emissions. Gintech also integrates solar power generation systems to assist subsidiaries and clients reduce carbon emissions in order to enhance corporate competitiveness. Since 2013, Gintech has applied for subsidies from the Bureau of Energy, Ministry of Economic Affairs and implemented a solar power generation system project. In May 2014, Gintech passed ISO 14064-2 certification for the Solar Power Generation System and Gintech Hsinchu Science Park Factory A and Guanyin Factory Solar Power Generation System projects. In September 2014, Gintech became the first registered and licensed manufacturer to apply for the Environmental Protection Administration Offset Program. As a result, Gintech garnered recognition from the Bureau of Energy, Ministry of Economic Affairs, which led to the 2014 Excellent Manufacturer in the Promotion of Greenhouse Gas Reduction Management award.
- In December 2014, Gintech was presented with a Mental Health Network Project certificate of recognition from the Miaoli County Government Public Health Bureau Director-General, Cai-Jhang Luo.
- In December 2014, Gintech was awarded the title of Excellent Manufacturer in the Promotion of Greenhouse Gas Reduction Management.
- In December 2014, Gintech headquarters and Hsinchu Science Park Factories A and B obtained ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, and TOSHMS certification.
- In September 2014, Gintech headquarters and Hsinchu Science Park Factories A and B were honored with a five year approval by the Ministry of Labor for occupational safety and health management system performance.
- In June 2014, Hsinchu Science Park Factories A and B obtained ISO 14064-1 certification for greenhouse gas inventory (implemented in 2013).
- In May 2014, Gintech obtained ISO 14064-2 certification for the Solar Power Generation System and Guanyin Factory Solar Power Generation System projects and Gintech Hsinchu Science Park Factory A.
- In December 2013, the company passed the certificate renewals for ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and TOSHMS.
- In November 2013, the company obtained a 2013 National Outstanding Healthy Workplace award from the Health Promotion Administration.
- In September 2013, the company obtained a 2013 Labor Safety and Sanity Award from the Science Park Administration.
- In June 2013, the company passed the verification for ISO 14064-1 GHG inventory operations for factory area A and factory area B in the Hsinchu Science Park. (2013 annual verification ).
- Awarded the “Occupational Safety and Health Management System Performance Recognition” award from the Executive Yuan Council of Labor Affairs for the next 10 years in October 2012. This 10-year recognition is the highest honor in the industry and the first among solar industry peers.
- Plant A at Hsinchu Science Park passed the ISO 14064-1 Greenhouse Gas Inventory Verification in June 2012 (Verification in 2011).
- Plant B at Hsinchu Science Park passed ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and TOSHMS certification in January 2012.
- Plant A at Hsinchu Science Park and Guanyin Plant at Guanyin Industrial Park passed ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and TOSHMS periodic certification in December 2011.
- Certified by PAS 2050:2008 Product Carbon Footprint Verification in October 2011.
- Plant A at Hsinchu Science Park passed the ISO 14064-1 Greenhouse Gas Inventory Verification in June 2011 (Verification in 2010).
- The Guanyin Plant passed the TOSHMS certification in January 2011.
- Passed the OHSAS 18001 renewal in December 2010.
- Passed ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 renewal in December 2010.
- The Hsinchu Science Park Plant Site A passed the TOSHMS certification in January 2010.
- Passed the OHSAS 18001 certification in December 2007.
- Passed the ISO 14001 certification in December 2007.